Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Poem Parody

A Poem for Boss Who Fired Me

I don’t know where you are right now,
But for the purpose of this poem
I will imagine you jobless.
The circumstances for this occurrence
Of course
Should be ironic. The CEO fires you because
You fired me. Because you fired me. Because
You fired me. A coincidence.

For the purpose of this poem, but only
For the purpose
Of this poem,
I will imagine you homeless.
Right outside the company,
And the person who takes your
Spot, me, will laugh at you
Every time I walk in the doors
While you sit outside.

For the purpose of this poem
I would like you to describe
The CEO’s face
The moment he told you
He was firing you because
You couldn’t handle the
Job without my help.

And for the purpose
of this poem, I would like to hold
that picture in my head. I would like to live
over
and
over
again
that look of your cocky big headed expression
shrinking so small into
nothing. Finally realizing that
you are not good enough
without my help.
But even though I imagine Jobless
You are probably not to Jobless to see
You cannot make it
On your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment