Brandon Condit
June 1, 2009
Professor Oberlin
Reflection Recast
For this recast I decided to take the girl who’s father was killed and have her write a Eulogy at his mass. I wanted to take a different approach though, instead of having the angry, hateful attitude like she did in the poem. I decided to make it as though she had been given time to think it over and realized that the best way to get over the pain is to forgive. Although I completely understand her hate and anger toward this man, and rightfully so, I think the only true way to become ok with situation is to try and forgive. If you live your whole life hating someone you will never make it anywhere. So I decided to make my eulogy that way. I had the girl start out by talking about the great qualities her dad possessed and then switched it to asking the people in attendance if they too could forgive the murderer. I made the recast a very spiritual one as if the girl had just seen the grace of God and now knew that forgiveness and following Gods will is the most important thing. Overall I had a great time doing this parody and recast the two things although very different, were very entertaining.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment