Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Way I See It

The great tennis player Arther Ashe once said, "You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy." Although this is a quote referring to tennis, I believe this can also be applied to life in general. You can strive your whole life wanting something that someone else might have, never being happy. Once you realize you've done all you can, you know that you have reached your goal.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great way to look at life. Very few things in life are bad or hurtful, it is all in how you look at things. It is all personal perspective. Although, I have also heard the saying that one should never feel satisfied, they should continue to work hard towards their goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as sentimental as it may sound, it is important to find our joy in life through our living of it and not by our resume or list of acquistions. Nice quote.

    ReplyDelete